In Tuscany it is possible to take a tour of the Terre di Siena on a vintage train with a steam locomotive!
Thanks, in fact, to “Terre di Siena”, the official website of Tourism, we can visit the city and all the surrounding places on a little ordinary means and definitely out of the ordinary! The only time you will have will be the departure time because the train ride will last the whole day. This excursion will also always be combined with a particular event, with the possibility of reaching it with organized coaches.
The program will be as follows:
- MAY 1: Siena-> Montalcino “La Maggiolata”
- MAY 12: Siena-> Asciano “Crete Senesi market: Cacio e baccelli”
- MAY 19: Siena-> Torrenieri-> Montalcino “Festa del Treno”
- MAY 26: Siena-> Chiusi “The train of the Etruscans”
- JUNE 2: Siena-> Asciano “The treasures of the earth”
The program is very detailed on the website http://www.terresiena.it/it/trenonatura/programma but the organizers would like to point out to ask for confirmation before departure because it could be subject to variations.
Places are limited and reservations are required.